Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I have a lot on my mind today. Sunday is Mother's Day, Thursday is our 4 year wedding anniversary, and a few days ago I found out my dad has cancer. I know he will be fine. I was outside on a walk when I found out. For a few moments I began to worry. But then I looked around and saw the trees swaying in the wind, and the beautiful blue sky and it reminded me that it is in God's hands. And at that moment, a calmness overcame me and I knew everything would be fine. It is the most treatable kind of cancer, and It is small. In fact, I know many people who have had the same cancer in the past, and had it removed, and are now fine. I know my Dad will be fine.

I can't believe it has bee 4 years since Joe and I were married. It has gone by fast. Although a lot has happened in these 4 years. 2 kids, 4(almost 5) moves, career changes, and a lot of other things. But it has been great! I wouldn't change anything. As much as I complain about moving a lot, it has been great. And everywhere we go, I know that is where we need t be. I love my husband very much. More and more each day!

Mother's Day is coming, and I love being a mother! It is very hard, it is tiring, and even exhausting somedays. But it is rewarding, wonderful, and brings so much joy to my life each and every day. I wouldn't have it any other way. My favorite sound is to wake up to my kids laughing.

No comments: