Friday, July 10, 2009

It's official...


We have orders, and we will be moving back to the east coast. I didn't plan on leaving this area quite so soon, but I know it will be good. I am so excited to move back, but I am going to miss it here so much! I love it here! I love the weather, the branch, the primary, the post. I have really enjoyed living here. My husband will be going to school next year, and graduate in December. Then he will be stationed there. So, when are we moving? Well, that is something we have been musing over for a week or so. Our original plan was to leave the week of Thanksgiving and head to our new place, unpack, enjoy Christmas, and then classes begin Jan 5th (kind of early, but whateve). Anywho, last month we got a call from our renters who are renting our house and they informed us that they will be moving out at the end of the month. Well, that is great that when we return, we can just move right into our house, but until then, we have a mortgage to pay.So, the decision is, The Joe will take 2 weeks off in September and we will move out to NC, he will help us get settled, and the kids will be able to start preschool without missing too much of the new year. So, we will have a couple of tight months paying our mortgage and our rent here, but it will be fine. I have gone back and forth about this, prayed about it, talked about it, thought about it, and this is the plan. I'm not crazy about being there without Joe for two months, but I'm sure it will fly by.
In the mean time, Joe was promoted to 1LT yesterday. We had a fun little party with some friends of ours who also got promoted the same day. I will post pictures soon. As my brother would say. A good time was had by all.
I am looking forward to getting to NC during my favorite time of the year - FALL! I love the east coast in the fall.


3 comments:

I was once called...Sunshine Tornado Cloudy said...

I'm excited for you guys! Glad you're able to go somewhere you feel so "at home".

Anica said...

I'm excited you guys will be moving back. I love NC in the fall too! :)

Myndie said...

That's exciting! About Joe and moving. East coast is where it is:)

I'll be traveling to North Carolina for some competitions this fall. Could I crash on y'all sofa? Can't remember when or where, might be too far. Anyway. Safe travels:)