Monday, September 28, 2009

General Conference Soup


Well, General Conference for our church is coming up. And on General Conference weekend I like to have a project to work on. I don't know why, maybe because I tend to have a little more time than usual. So, last October I canned peaches. This time, I have decided to make a bunch of soup. I wanted something I could work on in between sessions, and then let simmer while I am watching it. So, I am going to be cooking several batches of soups that I can freeze, and enjoy on busy days during the fall/winter. So, if anyone has a delicious soup recipe, please share!

2 comments:

thepennells said...

Sister Oaks Alphabet soup is a good, cheap, and easy soup. It is in the Fayetville Ward cook book. What soups did you end up making? I am always looking for new reicpes.

DaveGarber1975 said...

I wish that I could scrounge up my mom's traditional recipe for Conference Soup. If I recall correctly, it was essentially a savory vegetable stew with both meat and noodles in it---so, it included shell noodles, shredded chicken, ground beef, tomato chunks, corn, green beans, peas, and carrot bits, all in a rather tomatoey broth. It might have also had some potato bits, kidney beans, lima beans, and/or celery bits. Somehow, these ingredients all blended together incredibly well into a very harmonious delicious flavor---essentially like General Conference itself.